Welcome Message | Contact OKR

Friday, September 19, 2008

Inside OKR: Blogging "Our Karl Rove's" Brain

Hi all -

Our Karl Rove is where I regularly gather my thoughts, organize and frame them, and ensure they are compelling, relevant and reasonably pungent. Good readership combined with favorable peer reviews has powered and sustained this "blog" for years.

However, Our Karl Rove (OKR) barely qualifies as a blog. Over time, it has evolved into a series of succinct position papers, or, in Countdown with Keith Olbermann parlance, a place for my Special Comments. This means that only the most developed concepts appear on OKR -- at the expense of regularity.

A Blog for a Blog? Well, sort of.
As I observed Talking Points Memo's Josh Marshall post as little as a sentence (and as much as a few paragraphs) many times a day with a top-of-mind opinion or comment, I realized that I was missing out on actually having a real blog for OKR -- I was missing a place to more easily share as-it-happens, stream-of-consciousness and timely ideas for discussion.

This is why I'm launching Inside OKR -- The inside track into how OKR looks at our continually changing world, and engaging visitors in a dialog around these topics.

I can't promise daily posts, but sometimes there will be multiple posts in a day. I can't promise cunning, but I'll aim to be interesting. I can't promise impeccable grammar or spelling (I will not be editing these posts), but I can promise readability. Most importantly, posts to Inside OKR will hopefully be catalysts for discussion with the politically-connected and active OKR readership to flesh out the most compelling, strategic and effective political ideas.

Note: Now that OKR seems to be an accepted on-line acronym, I feel I can safely abbreviate Our Karl Rove as OKR as a step in the brand evolution process (kind of like how Kentucky Fried Chicken became KFC).

Welcome to the blogging of OKR's brain. It's time to redefine how the Democratic party, philosophy and candidates are viewed by the American people. And that means re-thinking things that haven't been rethought for far too long.

No comments: